Surveying projects in Queensland
View our project gallery to see the wide range of surveying solutions we provide for our clients throughout Queensland. We offer individually customised surveying services to deliver accurate results for a cost-effective rate.
Our surveyors regularly service the Surat Basin, Burnett, Kingaroy, the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Fraser Coast, Toowoomba, Gympie and Brisbane. Contact us for an obligation-free quote now.
Coopers Gap Wind Farm
Principle contractor: CATCON
Minor contractors: Consolidated Power Project, Powerlink, N F Corbett, NJ Construction, Newlands, GE Hughs.
Location: Coopers Gap Wind Farm is 250 km north-west of Brisbane near Cooranga North, between Dalby and Kingaroy.
Coopers Gap Wind Farm was at the time of construction the largest Wind Farm in Australia. It consists of 123 wind generation turbines and has a capacity of 453 MW.
ONF Surveyors was engaged by CATCON to provide a variety of surveying services. Due to the size and nature of the work, we were quickly required to have a full-time presence on site.
These are just some of the surveying services provided:
- Set out of 92 Km of roads.
- Redesign of roads and stormwater.
- Set out turbine foundations.
- Pre-pour bolt check of all bolts on the 123 turbines. All bolts were required to be levelled to +/-2mm tolerance.
- Level checks on the Tower Base Rings (TBR) before grouting and tower erection. All TBRs were required to levelled to +/-2mm tolerance.
- Contour and detail surveys.
- As-constructed surveys including the as-constructed survey of the substation earthworks.
- Volume calculations.
During construction our site surveyor was an integral part of the CATCON team. The role included liaising with supervisors, planning and implementing timelines for tasks set by the supervisors and negotiating job priorities to ensure that construction remained on time and uninterrupted.
During this project minor contractors contracted ONF Surveyors to perform their surveying works on the following projects.
- Substation civil works
- Erection of overhead Power Lines
- Subdivision of area around substation
“On major infrastructure projects there are countless unforeseeable problems that arise. That’s why it’s important to get the right people for the job at the start. ONF Surveyors had the professionalism, flexibility and experience that I needed. They fitted into my management team seamlessly and didn’t need any daily instructions from me.
CATCON Site Manager